The participant delegation will be headed by HE. Eng. Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al-Subaie, Minister of Municipality and Environment, together with a number of entities: Ministry of Municipality and Environment, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Transport and Communications, Ministry of Economy and Commerce, Qatar General Electricity and Water Corporation (KAHRAMAA), General Authority of Civil Aviation, Qatar University and Qatar Petroleum.
The Qatari delegation will participate effectively in the meetings in addition to its efforts in strengthening the co-ordination with other countries during the negotiations which Qatar is a member of, such as the Arab group, Group 77 and China, the group of states with similar thoughts.
The Conference, to be held until 14 December, will include the twenty-fourth session of the Conference of the Parties (COP 24), the fourteenth session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Kyoto Protocol (CMP 14), and the third part of the first session of the Conference of the Parties serving as the meeting of the Parties to the Paris Agreement (CMA 1.3). The conference will also include the 49th sessions of the Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice (SBSTA) as well as the 49th sessions of the Subsidiary Body for Implementation (SBI), and the seventh part of the first session of the Ad Hoc Working Group on the Paris Agreement (APA 1-7).
This Conference is deemed an important platform for setting the basics for the mechanisms necessary for the implementation of the Paris Agreement. The first high-level segment was opened with the participation of a number of countries' leaders. Several countries commended the work done so far and affirmed their commitment to the Paris Agreement. They also supported the presidency of the Conference to achieve the desired results. Several countries called for the need to preserve the principles of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change on negotiating texts, especially the principle of common but differentiated responsibility as well as the principle of equity.
On the sidelines of the conference, Eng. Abdullah bin Abdul Aziz Al-Subaie, Minister of Municipality and Environment will hold a bilateral meeting with the Minister of Environment and Climate Affairs of the Sultanate of Oman and another bilateral meeting with the Minister of Energy, Mines and Sustainable Development of the Kingdom of Morocco.
As part of the State of Qatar's continuous efforts to address climate change, an exhibition has been held to reflect the efforts exerted by the State in this field. His Excellency the Minister of Municipality and Environment visited the exhibition and was briefed on the programs, plans and workshops of the various concerned bodies in Qatar to address the phenomenon of climate change.
The Ministry of Municipality and Environment and National Authorities will participate in side events on the sidelines of the conference, which will include presentations of the most prominent projects in the country, all of which are related to the State's efforts to deal with the issue of climate change.
News Date :4/12/2018
- The Minister of Municipality Meets with the Minister of Public Works and the Minister of Electricity, Water and Renewable Energy of the State of Kuwait
- The Ministry of Municipality Hosts the Annual Meetings of the Project Development of Date Palm Production in the GCC Countries
- Efforts of the Joint Committee for Rain Emergencies in Various Municipalities
- Launching the Farm Your Country Program
- Sales Outcome of the Local Agricultural Products Last Week
- H.E. Minister of Municipality:The National Day Is an Opportunity to Obtain Moral, Strength and Determination
- The Minister of Municipality Honors the Participants in FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
- Qatar Flag of Flowers Decorates Various Municipalities
- Prime Minister Plants Millionth Tree within Plant Million Trees Initiative
- Qatar Participates in IOFS Day Celebration
- (1548) Tons Sales of Premium local Vegetables during November
- Continuous efforts to clean the Corniche and Souq Waqif
- The World Cup Fans Participation in (Plant Million Tree) Initiative
- Oman's Minister of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Water Resources Visits the Panda House Park
- The Minister of the Municipality Visit to Darb Al Saai
- Cleaning Works in The Corniche
- The Ministry of Municipality opens Eight beaches after renovation
- Minister of Municipality to QNA: We Cooperate with All Relevant Authorities to Ensure Success of Qatar World Cup
- H.E., The Minister: We Are Ready for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022
- The Ministry of Municipality Organizes an expanded Awareness meeting with Food Delivery Companies